Stumper Detail

Date: Friday, March 17, 2000 
Question/Topic: I am looking for some information on high school graduation, college entrance, and college graduation by state and county. Any sites out there I my be able to find or get this information? 
Answer/Pointer: The U.S. Dept. of Education has education statistics available on their web site. Please go to Select Fast facts. On the next page, select "Elementary and Secondary Education." On the next page select "High school and college completion in the states." Select "State Comparisons of Education Statistics: 1969-70 to 1996-97." On the next screen, select "Browse the tables in this report." Look for: Table 19. Public high school graduates, by state: 1970-71 to 1996-97 Table 47. Total fall enrollment in institutions of higher education, by control, level of enrollment, and state: 1996 Table 63. Degrees awarded by institutions of higher education, by control, level of degree, and state: 1994-95 If you select the XLS version of these reports (button to the left of the table name), an excel spreadsheet will open in your browswer window. You can also download these, according to the DOE's instructions on this page. 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window