Stumper Detail

Date: Sunday, March 1, 1998 
Question/Topic: How can I obtain information on the sale of government seized property? Is this info available on the internet? 
Answer/Pointer: he Florida Department of Management Services sells surplus state property, mostly motor vehicles and water craft, through an auctioneer, J. Durham, who does the advertising and sends out flyers. You can contact J. Durham at (800) 342-2666. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement sends vehicles to DMS for these auctions. When they have accumulated a number of pieces of jewelry or whatever, they will advertise a sale in the local newspaper - the Tallahassee Democrat- and let potential bidders view the items. I was also told that you should check with the local sheriff's office in your area, since they often have local sales of confiscated property. 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window