Stumper Detail

Date: Wednesday, February 25, 1998 
Question/Topic: Where can one file a complaint about a business in Florida? 
Answer/Pointer: The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services has a toll free number (1-800-435-7352) for business complaints; for Lemon Law complaints the number is (1-800-321-5366); and for education and information the number is (1-800-327-3382). Visit the Department's website for additional information. To complain about a physician contact the Agency for Health Care Administration's Consumer Services Hotline at (904)414-7209 for a complaint form. The Department of State's Division of Corporations also has a Public Inquiry Line at (904)488-9000 for Florida Corporations. Select menu item #1. Contact the Department of Banking and Finance's consumer hotline for financial and investment services and a fraud alert. Information about nursing or related facilities can be obtained at or by calling(800)342-0828. The Office of the Attorney General and Department of Juvenile Justice have a consumer fraud website at and a crime protection site at 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window