Stumper Detail

Date: Wednesday, February 25, 1998 
Question/Topic: Is there a FL state government office that regulates management companies? Specifically, management companies that are contracted by homeowners' associations to act on their behalf. Where would one check on the previous history of a management company and with whom would one register a complaint if they believed a management company had not met its obligations (by contract and/or state/federal law)? 
Answer/Pointer: The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services has a toll free number (1-800-435-7352) for business complaints; Visit the Department's website for additional information. The Department of State's Division of Corporations regulates businesses in Florida and has a Public Inquiry Line at (904)488-9000 for Florida Corporations. Select menu item #1. or search the Corporations Online database at 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window