Stumper Detail

Date: Monday, January 1, 2001 
Question/Topic: Mail recall 
Answer/Pointer: Contrary to popular belief, you can retrieve mail even after you've dropped it in the big blue box. Run, don't walk, to the post office (800-ASK-USPS or 202-268-2284), and fill out a free Sender's Application for Recall of Mail (Form 1509). You may have to pay for expenses, such as long-distance phone calls made on your behalf Source: Worth Magazine, April 1998 
Librarian: LCLCPL 

Close this Window