||Monday, January 1, 2001
||Body donation - disposition for scientific purpose donor - cadaver
||"Donate your body - cadaver - to a medical school"
Anatomical Board of the State of Florida
University of Florida Health Science Center
P.O. Box 100235, Gainesville, FL 32610-0235
(352) 392-3588 / 1-800-628-2594
University of Miami School of Medicine, Dept. of Anatomy
P.O. Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101
The donor or the surviving relatives must make arrangements with a local funeral home, crematory or mortuary and pay for:
1. Preliminary embalming
2. Transportation of the body to the Anatomical Board located at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
Bodies cannot be accepted for donation if:
1. An autopsy has been performed
2. Death was caused by a crushing injury
3. The individual had sepsis, extreme obesity, or a highly contagious disease (such as hepatitis, AIDS)
There is no age limit on donated bodies. It is important for the family to recognize that the Anatomical Board cannot issue reports
regarding the cause of death or any findings. If a family wishes to receive such information, they should have an autopsy performed
See Expanding File under Wills for printout from the Anatomical Board, and copies of forms for donation.