Stumper Detail

Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2001 
Question/Topic: What programs are available for disabled persons who live at home and need help with everyday tasks? 
Answer/Pointer: The Department of Elder Affiars has a community care program for the elderly in which workers go to people's homes to help with non-medical tasks. Each county has a designated agency to administer the program. Telephone numbers for the county agencies are listed at The Department of Children and Families has a similar community care program for the disabled that assists disabled people under the age of 60. Telephone numbers for the district offices are available at Another resource for information about programs for the disabled is the disabled hotline sponsored by the Able Trust. That toll-free telephone number is (888) 838-2253. 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window