Stumper Detail

Date: Friday, September 1, 2000 
Question/Topic: Veterans high school diploma. 
Answer/Pointer: To apply, the veteran must have started high school between 1937 and 1946 and been scheduled to graduate between 1941 and 1950. The veteran had to have been on active duty sometime between Sept. 16, 1940, and Dec. 31, 1946. Applicants are being asked to provide verification of military service and high school attendance. If verification is unavailable, however, they need only have their signature notarized on a statement that the information provided on the form is accurate to the best of their knowledge. The diploma will be a general diploma issued by the Florida Department of Education. She said the department will also send a letter to the school superintendent of each county where a veteran has been awarded a diploma. The superintendents will be encouraged to contact the veteran and invite them to school for a ceremony. The applications are available at all county veteran services offices, which are listed in the blue pages of the phone book under county government. They can also be obtained through the Internet at or by calling the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs at: 800-827-1000, ext. 7432 727-319-7432 Forms are also available through the Florida Department of Education, 850-488-7591. 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window