Stumper Detail

Date: Tuesday, May 9, 2000 
Question/Topic: I am a recent widow. What must I do to sell my car? Both names are on registration and title. 
Answer/Pointer: If the title is in both of your names, you can take the title certificate and a certified copy of your husband's death certificate to a local motor vehicle office, and they will issue a new title certificate showing you as the owner of the car. Your registration will automatically be changed. You can locate the address and telephone number for your local motor vehicle office that handles tags and titles at this Internet address: 
Librarian: SLF 

Close this Window